A low, commonly linear or arcuate ridge of soil mounded between furrows by a plow or other farm equipment and serves as a slightly elevated bedding area for planted crops; also called row, tillage row, tillage ridge, tillage mound. Interfurrows range from narrow and peaked (tillage ridge) to broad and flat-topped; size and shape depends upon how the elevated areas are made and the crop grown.
   Compare: furrow.

Glossary of landform and geologic terms. 2013.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • tillage mound —    Refer to interfurrow …   Glossary of landform and geologic terms